IMM

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Ian Stirling wrote:
IMO, nothing beats spending hours on something, getting a lovely result,

and
then completely wrecking it just as you finish.

Yup - the print head on my trusty old Stylus 600 was blocked, and no
amount of cleaning cycles would cure it. I removed it and left it soaking
in distilled water for a day or so. Then tried forcing water (gently)
through it with a small squeezey bottle - the type ink re-fills come in.
Linked to each ink input in turn with some sleeving. Some jets worked but
not others. Soaked it in industrial alcohol. Tried forcing some of that
through. More jets working. After a couple of days of soaking and forcing,
eventually all the jets seemed clear. In jubilation I went to pull off the
sleeving from the input - careful to do this in line and not break the
tiny plastic pipe. But held the assembly wrongly, and pulled the thing
apart - ripping off the ribbon to the piezo part. No chance of repairing
that.

I'm glad that happened.