Badger

Lobster wrote:

This topic is an old chestnut in uk.legal (or is it u.l.moderated?) I
gather that if you do ever manage to convince the buggers that you don't
have a TV, the absence of ever-more-threatening letters is only abated
for a relatively brief period, then they assume that the 'status' will
have changed, and the whole sorry saga starts again.

Little bro's been chased for a TVL for years, in the end he gave my sons
his playstation, his mate his DVD player and tv and watches videos on
his security recorder and monitor.
At work they keep chasing as we have antennas on the roof, for vhf and
uhf research, even when pointing at 'amsats they think your watching TV.

Somebody on u.l. who was well-experienced with dealing with these people
(and who seemed to know what they were talking about) was proferring
the advice that not only should you never invite them in to see the
absence of a TV, but that it was vital not to even speak to them - just
shut the door on them. Have to say I didn't quite see the relevance or
significance of that!

Anything you say will be taken down and maybe used in evidence against
you....