Kalico

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 18:09:06 GMT, Harvey Van Sickle
wrote:

On 22 Dec 2004, Kalico wrote
On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 17:32:01 GMT, Harvey Van Sickle
wrote:

-snip-

Whether it's fair or not, I think it's been established that one
has to provide some sort of evidence that this is all you are
using it for. And the accepted way of providing that evidence is
to show that the equipment is incapable of being used to view
broadcast programmes.

But if you don't have to let the inspector in without a warrant

Oh, absolutely. Interestingly, that's even stated in black and white
on the back of the licence:

Our officers may ask to inspect your licence and television
equipmenet at any time, but you do not have to let them into
your home without a search warrant.

I would have thought they would call and speak with me at least once
before going to get a search warrant.

This leads to one of the things that prompted my original post. The
fact is that the chances of them catching me in are minimal since I
work odd and irregular hours. Indeed, my first post said it unlikely
that the TV would ever be switched on before 11/midnight.

With that in mind, I would hate to think that an inspector called a
dozen or so times between 9 and 5 and because he never found me at
home to have a talk with, decided to go for a warrant and the first I
know of it is when returning home from a weekend away to find my door
kicked in.

Rob

Replace 'spam' with 'org' to reply