Kalico

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 17:55:19 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
Kalico wrote:
Basically, you need a licence for having the machines in your house --
regardless of whether or not you use them to watch broadcasts.

Surely that cannot be the case. What if it was never turned on? I
cannot think you would need a license for just possessing a TV or
video.

Think a reasonable question would be 'why would you have a TV in a room in
your house if you *never* used it?'

Because I live in a free, democratic country and can keep in my house
exactly what I want and do with it as I wish.

Well, I'm only playing and of course we cannot keep drugs and sub
machine guns etc (though many seem to like to) but I cannot see that
the above would have to be considered a 'reasonable' question.

Hell, some people keep rats, or collections of Elvis records or plates
with pictures of dogs on. Some adults even pay serious money for
those ridiculous dolls that are supposed to be ornaments.

Anyone remember the Franklin Mint?

Hehe!
Rob

Replace 'spam' with 'org' to reply