Dave Liquorice

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 17:55:19 +0000 (GMT), Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

What if it was never turned on?

So what it is doing in your living room or bedroom? Buried at the back
of the loft under 1/2" of dust is another matter...

I cannot think you would need a license for just possessing a TV or
video.

Think a reasonable question would be 'why would you have a TV in a
room in your house if you *never* used it?'

Quite, if it was in a living area you'd have a hard job convincing a
"reasonable person" that you never switched it on.

I think in the end the individual magistrate will decide whether you
genuinely *never* watch off air progs, and only videos. And the
presence of an aerial or not doesn't mean much - an indoor type
could just be unplugged and put away.

And, IMHO, the watching of videos means the equipment is installed and
therefore requires a licence. End of story.

If ripping the tuners sections out of a video and TV are beyound you
monitors are available and video players, ie videos that don't record
ergo don't have a tuner. Even then your not completely in the clear as
you could watch a broadcast video recorded by someone else...

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail