Googolplex

Bob Eager wrote:
On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 22:54:25 UTC, Frank Erskine
wrote:

On 15 Dec 2004 21:42:43 GMT, (OldScrawn) wrote:

When I wor a lad there were iron "chimneys" in the street, about the same
height as telegraph poles, I was told they were sewer vents. Havn't seen one
for ages though....

Got one or two just down the road here (Station Road, Herne Bay, Kent).

Got one in our back garden. It's at least 50% higher again than eye
level from an upstairs window.

I would _love_ to visit a Victorian-type tunnel sewer!

They do trips down the Brighton sewers....

The manhole cover in our garden approx 15ft away from the big pole
exposes steps down to a very small 3ftx5ft approx "room", with the sewer
gully running through the bottom of it.