Martyn Pollard

Rod Hewitt wrote:
In my last house someone had put up plasterboard a little away from

the old
plaster. Used to listen to bits of plaster falling off in the

evenings.
Eventually I could stand it no more and ripped it all down and

replastered.

I'm buying a Victorian era terrace house and the plaster is reasonably
stable, yet its lumpy and the walls aren't great to look at. I think
theres some merit from removing the old stuff and getting back to
brick. I wonder if its worth having an initial layer of celotex, then
plasterboard on top of that. Other than cost of celotex and loss of a
few cms, I don't see any other issues.

What options do I have as a finish to the plasterboard? I've never done
plastering before but I'm willing to have a go. I've seen it done with
taperboard and taped joints, but is that really the way to go?

Martyn