On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 09:05:23 -0600, Andy Arhelger
wrote:

I am working on an oak project and would like to match the color with
some existing oak. I have used Golden Oak from Watco in the past and the
color match is pretty good. Now I have a lot to stain and Watco is
pretty time consuming to use. I will be putting polyurathane over the
finish in the end. Just wondering if there is an easier way to match the
color. Can I start with a Minwax stain (which I prefer to use) and color
it to match? What type of coloring (dyes) could I add to Minwax? What
other options are there? What do professionals use to match colors?

Andy Arhelger

I use colors from these folks:
www.wdlockwood.com/