B.B.

In article ,
Grant Erwin wrote:

Your question is imprecise and unclear. I'm assuming you are asking about AC
electric motors for use in a home shop. If you're wondering about
retrofitting your ultralight with a diesel, this may not be for you.

Yeah, sorry about that. I know there's a ton of info so I should
shave it down a bit. AC motors 10hp and smaller. Mostly the stuff
found in tools rather than tape decks.

[...]

http://www.metalwebnews.com/howto/el.../elec-mtr.html

There's a lot more I could write, but that's it for now. - GWE

Thanks. Very helpful.
One question for now: What is power factor correction? I've found
the term several times today, but not the definition.

http://web2.airmail.net/thegoat4/