Camilo

wrote
THAT'S IT! Thanks to you and Gino, I figured out what it was, because
when I called Gnarly Wife, she said "We've been burning garbage twice a
week for the last ten years." They're the richest people on the road,
but they are the only ones who don't have garbage pick-up.
Oh, now I'm REALLY foamin'.

Hey, I think you said this guy is an old friend, and this is worth a lot to
have a friend as a neighbor, even if you don't get along so well with the
wife.

If it's not a huge cost, maybe ask them if they'd do garbage pick up if you
paid 1/2, 1/3 whatever. Might be worth the cost of keeping a friend and
good neighbor.

These seemingly petty problems can really sour a neighbor relationship
beyond repair and are worth trying to solve in a friendly fashion.

Camilo