Mike in Mystic

you're talking about the MKII, right?

I suppose it would work ok, but it would be done freehand, which I don't
really have the confidence to do. If you are ok with that, I'm sure it
would work fine. The tormek jigs for sharpening tools seem to be extremely
well thought out, and coupled with the profiled honing wheel, it seems to be
a great solution for turning/carving tools. I haven't tried anything but
flat tools on my MKII, so I can't say much about it directly.

Mike

"Dave W" wrote in message
Hi Mike,
Is there a reason for not using the Veritas system on carving tools?

have been thinking about buying on of these primarially for carving tools.
DAve