Mike in Mystic

where are you located, I'd be happy to my your Tormek hehe

I have a Veritas MKII power sharpening system - which is similar in many
ways to the lapsharp. I think it is absolutely the best sharpening tool for
beveled edge tools - mainly chisels and plane irons for me. The jig that is
used with it allows for easy and accurate setting of bevel angles - I'm not
sure if the lapsharp has such a jig or not. Anyway, the MKII is probably
less than half the price of the lapsharp, and I don't really see why the
lapsharp can justify that much of a premium.

What don't you like about your Tormek? I'm planning on buying one in the
near future for my turning and carving tools.

Mike

wrote in message
oups.com...
Has anyone had experience with the Wood Artistry Lap-Sharp LS-200
sharpening system? I saw it demonstrated at Japan Woodworker and it
looked interesting. I haven't much liked my Tormek.
I appreciate any thoughts. Thanks!

- afb