Tom

Default Sealing Compound to use on 1/8" engine fittings?

On 22 Dec 2004 17:00:33 GMT, Ignoramus31279
wrote:

I would use Permatex High Performance thread sealant, sold at NAPA.
It comes in a tube. A little pricey, but it comes well recommended by
a mechanic friend of mine.

Tom

I am installing a bunch of 1/8" NPT fittings into an engine (26 year
old Onan DJE generator). I would like to make sure that, no matter
what, the engine oil sealed off by the fittings, does not spill.

Should I use teflon tape (which is a hassle), or is there some nice
compound that I can put on threads?

thanks