Boris Beizer

wrote in message
oups.com...
I saw the original Phoenix, and it was pretty bogus, too. Almost
anything Hollywood produces that has airplanes and flying in it has
some outlandish flight behaviour, pilot talk and mechanical setups. As
a pilot and mechanic, it gets painful sometimes. No wonder the
non-flying public is so misinformed and scared. I would imagine that
Hollywood hires technical advisors to keep the aeronautical themes
accurate, and then ignores their advice anyway. Got to make it
spectacular, you know.

How bogus was the original? The actually built a Phoenix and flew it. As I
recall, a stunt pilot got killed in a crash of the Phoenix during the
filming. Beg to differ. Both the book and the movie (original) were well
researched and totally feasible. How about some examples of these putative
errors?

Boris

--

Boris Beizer Ph.D. Seminars and Consulting

TEL: 215-572-5580
FAX: 215-886-0144
Email bsquare "at" sprintmail.com