JerryMouse

Bob Daun wrote:
I would really like to find out if such a device is available. The
type of switch I am looking for is a regular wall panel light toggle
switch with a light inside the toggle. I know these are readily
available everywhere where the toggle is lighted when the switch is
in the off position. They are commonly used in bathroom to provide
assistance in finding the switch in the dark.

What I am looking for is the reverse of this, in other words, I want
the toggle part to light up when the switch is on rather than when it
is off. Here is my application. Some of my neighbors have seen
prowlers around our residential area and many of us decided to leave
our front door outside lights on all night. The problem is that we
invariably forget to turn it off in the morning and so a couple of
bulbs are burning needlessly for several hours most days. We are
retired so we often don't go out of the house until mid-morning or
later. If the inside switch was lit up we would notice and turn the
lights off when we arise in the morning but now, since in daylight we
can't see that the outside light is on, we forget to turn it off.
Has anyone seen this or know where they can be found?

Change the bulb to screw-in florescent. A 9-watt florescent bulb running for
24 hours uses less energy than a 60-watt bulb running for eight. Even at 24
hours, a florescent bulb will last years.

You are, however, solving the wrong problem. You should kill the prowlers.