Maren Purves

enigma wrote:
wrote in
:

This brings up another gripe of mine. When the stores are
full of Christmas items, and I mean ALL stores, they dont
stock "normal" items. Last week I was at Walmart and
decided to buy another garden hose, since I had one break.
I bought a hose at Walmart during the summer and found it
to be one of the best hoses I have gotten for the price.
Well, I was shocked to find they did not have one single
hose. I asked the clerk, who had to call the manager, who
said they do have them in storage, but can not get to them,
until all the Christmas merchandise is gone. Well, excuse
me..... I have nothing against Christmas decorations, but
my animals need water 365 days a year. They dont stop
drinking at Christmas. I also use my manure fork all year
round, as do I use shovels and other yard type tools. If I
break one of these, I need to buy another, and can not wait
until all the Christmas decorations are put away. Even the
local farm supply store is lacking in farm items, but well
stocked with Christmas decorations. They were out of
electric fence gate handles the other day, and those things
break more often in winter due to ice, than any other time
of year. Yet, not a one in the store........ This is very
inconsiderate to their customers and it really ****es me
off !

because hoses, lawnmowers, rakes & shovels are "seasonal"
items. it would be a waste of the stores shelf space to stock
certain items year round.

that depends on where you are.
While our lawn does grow slower in winter, it still needs to be mowed.
Also, winter usually means drought here.

Maren, in HI.
(usually no ice below 10,000 ft, but we do get snow in July on occasion
too, above 10,000ft)