Ron M.

What bugs me to no end these days is going to a store like Home Depot
or Lowe's and, IF you can find somebody to help you, it's somebody
pretending to be Bob Vila, when in reality he doesn't know which end of
a hammer to hit the nail with. I do NOT mind if he just says, "I don't
know."

Once I was in Home Depot looking for a tube of caulking. I wanted the
kind that goes around the edge of a bathtub. Not around the floor, but
the upper rim, where it gets wet. Of course, it needed to be
waterproof. So this dingbat walks up and I ask him, "are you very
experienced with caulking?" and he blares, "oh, yes sir, absolutely,
what can I help you with?" I told him, and he scratches his chin, looks
around and pulls out a tube of Liquid Nails!

He stood there frowning and studying the lable for a couple of minutes
(while I'm just STANDING there), and finally said, "well this would
probably work... see, it says 'water resistant' right here....
anything else I can help you with today?"

I just walked off. I have this vivid mental image of that guy caulking
his bathtub with Liquid Nails..

Ron M.