Wanderer

Default Off peak electricity

On Tue, 2 Mar 2004 22:48:41 +0000 (UTC), Michael McNeil wrote:

"Wanderer" wrote in message

(*) Though they normally they claw that back by charging you more for
the first X units each quarter. So it's just marketing puff, no real
saving to the consumer.

Oh, there is a real saving to the customer if he or she has a whacking
great load that can be restricted to the cheap period. I have an 18kw
pool heater and running that at just under 3p per unit is *much* cheaper
than at 8 or 9p per unit!

I have used my storage heaters for the first time since moving in here a
few years back. I just have the one small one in the tiny hall on. It
warms up about 5 or so am. Then it is radiating all the heat out when I
am at work and has substantially cooled down by the time I get home. I
wouldn't consider that economic. I wouldn't use it if I had a choice.

Could be fairly antiquated storage rads. The older ones needed an
afternoon boost to be effective. Those tariffs were discontinued many
years ago. When a property has a change of tenancy, only current tariffs
are available to the new tenant.

I don't really need the effing things on until about 9 or 10 pm and that
is near enough bedtime on a working day. As far as I am concerned they
are just ugly odd looking useless articles that have to be lived around.
Damned council!

So ask the council if they are modern storage rads. My daughter had them
in her place, kept it nice and warm.