Default any tips on cutting acrylic sheet?

On Mon, 01 Mar 2004 16:11:47 +0000, PoP wrote:

On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 20:48:04 -0000, "Mike"
wrote:

I have bought some acrylic sheet for replacing the glass in my greenhouse.
On the sheet it suggests cutting it using a jigsaw, a cutting tool or
scoring it and breaking it along the score (a bit like cutting ceramic tiles
I suppose).
Any tips or thoughts?

On a slightly related subject - what's the recommended cutting method
for transparent corrogated roof panels? These are some sort of plastic
and scoring isn't really an option when cutting across the width.

snip

Lat time I looked there were two versions of clear corrugated roof
panels. One was cheap and nasty. It cracks, splinters etc if you as
much as take the saw out of the toolbox, the other is a heavier duty
version used in warehouses etc.

The first version is most likely the one you will see for sale retail.
My advice is don't try to cut it at all. Attempt to get sheets the
required length to allow you overlap the ends without too much waste.

Paul Mc Cann