Paul King

Default any tips on cutting acrylic sheet?

If you are talking about the type used in "asbestos roofed" garages and the
like, I used a standard sized (not Junior) hacksaw blade, out of the
hacksaw, with the "hand" end wrapped in a rag! Gently does it - as others
here have noted!

"PoP" wrote in message
On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 20:48:04 -0000, "Mike"
wrote:

I have bought some acrylic sheet for replacing the glass in my

greenhouse.
On the sheet it suggests cutting it using a jigsaw, a cutting tool or
scoring it and breaking it along the score (a bit like cutting ceramic

tiles
I suppose).
Any tips or thoughts?

On a slightly related subject - what's the recommended cutting method
for transparent corrogated roof panels? These are some sort of plastic
and scoring isn't really an option when cutting across the width.

PoP

-----
If you need to contact me please submit your comments
via the web form at
http://www.anyoldtripe.co.uk. I'll
probably still ignore you but at least I'll get the
message.....