Rick Dipper

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 14:29:55 +0000, Broadback
wrote:

I had to cut through a cast iron pipe recently, masked everything, made
a polythene tent, wore a mask, cut it with a cutting disk. Ugh, the
fine black dust got everywhere, including up my nose and in my mouth,
the taste was awful, as it was a toilet pipe I'm sure I could taste the
sh1t, not that I had ever tasted it before. Worse of all the iron in my
mouth reacted with my filling, it was like chewing silver paper.
By far my most unpleasant job what's yours?
I think if I had to do it again I'd buy a reciprocating saw, whatever
the expense.

Fitting rockwall, onto the underside of a floor when lieing in the
crawl space. I would never do this again.

However painting is right up there. I got talked into "United Colors
of ........." paints, 6 coats it took to get the ceiling vaguley right
+ the days doing the walls. In the end I gave up, went and got some
Dulux Profesional Colour Matched, and went over the top of the whole
lot, perfect in 1 coat, and much less money than the orignal stuff,
only took a day to do 2 rooms.

Gloss Painting could be used as a torture technique, its in my Room
101.

Rick