N. Thornton

Default Random RCD tripping

In message
From: a )
Subject: Random RCD tripping

Would I be right in thinking the only culprits (appliance wise) are

those
that have an earth connection - so I can disregard all double

insulated apps
(which I think is most of them except kitchen apps)?

well, the earthed ones are far more likely culprits, thought its not
quite a 100% thing. Nearly though. Prime suspects are always things
with water heating elemtns in: washing machine, dishwasher, kettle,
oven as well, and the biggest cause of all is immersion heater.

Alternatively, insulation test or pat test all appliances,

including
the fixed ones. Of course it'll cost you.

Hmmm, last resort...

Why not test everything with a multimeter first? No guarantee it'll
pick out the duff appliance(s), but it usually will, and its cheap and
easy. Check resistance on max R range between earth and (L&N connected
together). Suspect the item(s) with the lowest insulation resistance
reading.

Note: make sure the switch on the appliance is on, and item set to
boil, otherwise you'll only be testing a part of the appliance.
Obviously I dont maen it should be plugged in during test

NT