mrhuntnpeck

Default RCA Colortrack TV -help with relay problem ?

I have a 26 inch rca colortrack sterio-monitor
I bought it oh , about 1984 or thereabouts.

I am sorry but i can't pull it out from the cabinet and see the model
number label at this very moment. I will need a hand for that, as it
is very heavy, but I can get this info if anyone thinks that will
help.

It has been having problems turning on , (or off). it otherwise works
fine.

when I try to turn it on it doesen't click , no lights nothing. same
thing happens with the remote. but if I am persistant it will turn off
or on either way. (so i don't suspect the power switch itself, or the
remote)

I work on antique (tube) radios so I can gleam some knowledge from
that. I change alot of capacitors.I am aware of the much higher
voltages in the TV

I don't have a schematic for this and I don't know where to go to get
one. suggestions?

from reading previous similar posts , and thinking about it I assume
it could be either a bad relay run off the power button, or maybe not
enough voltage that part of the circut.

I have also read some mention that in general tv's need a minimum
voltage to turn on, around 12 volts ? and that could be a bad zener
diode?

ok I am stretching here, but since it is basically a working set
except for this intermittent powering on problem.

It is an older set not really worth taking to a shop I would like to
find out where to begin in checking this out. It would be good to get
a little info before opening it up as space is a bit of a problem.

maybe there is a little board in there that i can swap out or
something ? any suggestions where in the set to look, or where to get
info, like a chassis layout or schematic?

thanks ,
Phil