Dave Liquorice

Default Any salvage value to old lead pipe?

On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 07:32:17 +0000, T i m wrote:

Also in the old days they would give you 50p for a car battery, they
won't even take them now?. I have about 1/2 tonne of stand-by
batteries and contacted a recycler about them. "If you have a tonne
we would collect them for free, 1/2 tonne will cost you 50 pounds ..

I know it's daft. I used to store all my flat dry cells & NiCds etc
not wishing to put heavy metals into landfill or up incerator
chimneys. When I moved from Bristol I tried to find somewhere that
would take them. No chance, I now just bung 'em in the bin...

So much for all the hype about protecting the enviroment and
recycling.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail