Michael McNeil

Default Off peak electricity

"Wanderer" wrote in message

(*) Though they normally they claw that back by charging you more for
the first X units each quarter. So it's just marketing puff, no real
saving to the consumer.

Oh, there is a real saving to the customer if he or she has a whacking
great load that can be restricted to the cheap period. I have an 18kw
pool heater and running that at just under 3p per unit is *much* cheaper
than at 8 or 9p per unit!

I have used my storage heaters for the first time since moving in here a
few years back. I just have the one small one in the tiny hall on. It
warms up about 5 or so am. Then it is radiating all the heat out when I
am at work and has substantially cooled down by the time I get home. I
wouldn't consider that economic. I wouldn't use it if I had a choice.

I don't really need the effing things on until about 9 or 10 pm and that
is near enough bedtime on a working day. As far as I am concerned they
are just ugly odd looking useless articles that have to be lived around.
Damned council!