Jason Marshall

Joe AutoDrill wrote:

How does a soda can manufacturer print the logo and info on an aluminum can?
I thought maybe they were color anodized at first because they are so
durable, but after closer inspection and playing around, I think it is some
kind of super durable ink spray or silk screen process.

Acetone doesn't touch it and even a wire wheel takes a slow or deliberate
pass to remove it all.

Anyone know for sure?

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
http://www.autodrill.com
http://www.multi-spindle-heads.com

V8013

Silk-screening, then a coat of what they called 'varnish'. Saw it on
'How It's Made'. The inside of the can is coated with the same stuff to
prevent soda from eating through the paper-thin aluminum. Must be some
tough stuff.

Jason