DGoncz 22044-0394

Hey, everybody. I've been watching patiently for some time now.

"Don Foreman" wrote in message
On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 06:09:01 -0500, "DGoncz 22044-0394"
wrote:

Given this is an impedance protected ceiling fan motor with many turns of
fine wire, and I have invested four years of effort, and the system is
stable, is it now time to rewind the stator with fewer turns of thicker

wire
to optimize generator function,

Yes. "Impedance protected" means the motor is mostly inductive at
any rotor speed from nominal to stall. If greatly reducing rotor
speed doesn't greatly increase load current, then raising speed won't
produce much useful power.

You know, I missed the 17 bus from Little River Turnpike the other night
because the 29, which pulled to a stop right in front of it, had its banner
display out of order. So the 17 figured I was getting on the 29, not
stopping anxiously to ask, "Are you by any chance a 17, and do you know if
the bus behind you is?" Phhtt. I went and had turkey breast, peppers, and
horseradish.

One of the things I check for when I go to little shops like Quizno's is
whether they have tap water or carbonated at the fountain. I was in luck.
They had carbonated. Cheered, I called Teri on the mobile phone, and we went
and set up the repaired fax machine at Mom's after looking at Wild West Tech
on the History Channel for five minutes. I normally don't look at
television.

Don's reply is the sparkling water on this thread. Of course! If the torque
curve isn't steep, the motor isn't stiff, and it'll be a lousy generator. I
get it.

Now, electrically, does this inline resistance damp a resonant condition in
the parallel L-C "tank"?

Off too bed....

Yours,

Doug Goncz