Ian Edwards

I was also very disappointed with this, superficial effort from Taunton
Press, had I spent more time previewing in the store I would not have paid
the substantial price.
"Phisherman" wrote in message
On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 21:53:19 -0600, "Mike H."
wrote:

Anybody thumb through the 2005 tool guide by Fine Woodworking? I was just
wondering if these guys ever get paid off to give good reviews.

In particular, the editors have the General 50-185M1 contractor's saw
listed
as the best over all, best value, and as the reader's choice. And they
have
the DeWalt DW746 listed as second best. But I was wondering where the
Grizzly G0444Z stood in comparison to these models.

They tested a Grizzly, but they said they didn't post a review for it
because the particular model they tested was discontinued (they didn't say
which model it was).

So I was hoping some of you guys could fill in the blanks...

TIA.

I thought the review was rather limited. In fact, the entire tool
guide lacks a thorough review. Instead, they review just a handful of
models. I expected better from Taunton Press.