Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
Mark Carver writes:
I've heard two people mention to me now that from April 2005 all
electrical accessories sold will be date stamped, to give some form of
traceability for electrical installation work ?

True or urban myth ?

I think it's been true since before Part P was mooted.
Probably everything I've bought in the last ~3 years is
date stamped.

Yesterday, I fitted a replacement consumer unit. The MCB's I
just bought to go in it had various dates in 2003 and 2004
on them, but some I bought in 1999 for something else and
didn't use until just now have no date stamp on them.

Looking at various cable reel ends, Pirrelli seems to have
been date stamping since at least 2002. Rumaging in a box
of faceplates and junction boxes, Wickes seem to have been
date stamping their faceplaces and junction boxes since
at least 2002. In both cases this might have started much
earlier, but I have no older samples with dates.

I doubt this has anything to do with Part P.

--
Andrew Gabriel