D. J. Dorn

I don't see any specific brand or writing on the outside or inside of the
box, but the saw draws 18 amps at 220v. I have a 20 amp plug and breaker.
It must just be a relay and am wondering if weather is a factor. I'm in
Iowa and the shop gets quite cold but I don't run it below freezing.

Don

"Duane Bozarth" wrote in message
"D. J. Dorn" wrote:

...I decided to test it so I turned the power back on
from the box and it took off.

Oooh, that's really nasty!

Called Griz and they were very good about it - they are sending a new
switch
(which is normally $62) and won't charge my card providing I send the old
one back within 30 days. Very reasonable -

That is good...

...but if this happens again, I
need to figure out how to bypass the magnetic portion of the switch and
just
wire it as a direct switch. Anyone else have a switch problem on the
G1023
series?

It's a shortcut I'd prefer not to do for the restart issue...how large a
motor?

Just out of curiousity, are the switches Grizzly's using branded? If
so, whose are they using? If it were to happen again, my first
preference would be to see if I could figure out why specifically and
fix that or failing in that replace it w/ a different magnet
starter...small sizes are not terribly expensive from Dayton or
similar...