Chuck

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 18:25:31 GMT, "res055a5" wrote:

i just received a bunch of maple and cherry that eventually plan on turning.
I'm experimenting in the meantime on coating the ends with anchor seal and
then microwaving a piece or two. i'm also trying out my kitchen oven on
another
piece.
anyone ever tried this before? results?

Rich, Do a search on Google in this newsgroup under "Microwave" and
you'll get reams of anecdotal results. I wouldn't recommend
anchorseal and then microwaving...you're just defeating the purpose
of the microwave by anchorsealing, and you'll also just melt the wax
out anyhow.

Quick tips:

-Use low power for short periods of time (20% for 1.5 - 2 mins) and
allow to cool for 1/2 hr. between nukings

-If you've got a scale, weigh the wood before nuking and every 3
cycles. Quit nuking when it quits losing weight.

--
Chuck *#:^)
chaz3913(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

September 11, 2001 - Never Forget