Slowhand

"Buck Turgidson" wrote in message
When putting up CM in a simple 4 sided room, what's the best way to deal
with the last piece - i.e. does one use a coped joint on each end?

Yes.

I was considering putting up the first piece with one end coped, and
fitted
over a small piece of scrap on the adjacent wall, the scrap being a proxy
for the last piece. Then when I get to the last piece, slip out the
scrap
and slide the real piece in there. Am a little concerned about it being
too
tight, though.

The beauty of using the coped ends on both ends as your last piece is you
can get a really tight fit. In a 12' room, I usually cut it about an eigth
inch long. Nice and snug! Happy coping.
SH