D. J. Dorn

Default Magnetic switch problem on G1023SL

I've had a G1023SL tablesaw for about a year and have liked it a great deal.
I discovered recently that when I hit the stop button on the TS, there was a
delay before shutting off. Got the air out and blew it out well. Same
thing happened so called Griz - they advised to do the same thing but to
give it a good shot. Problem getting worse. Last night, I hit the button
and nothing - I had to go to the breaker box to shut the power down.
Knowing it was magnetic, I decided to test it so I turned the power back on
from the box and it took off. Shut it down again and after about 30
seconds, I heard the relay kick out.

Called Griz and they were very good about it - they are sending a new switch
(which is normally $62) and won't charge my card providing I send the old
one back within 30 days. Very reasonable - but if this happens again, I
need to figure out how to bypass the magnetic portion of the switch and just
wire it as a direct switch. Anyone else have a switch problem on the G1023
series?

Don