Duane Bozarth

Jeremy wrote:
...jointers. Torn between the 6 inch anniversary model G0526 and the 8
inch G0543. $345 difference. The 12 inch is too big for me in price and
size.

There's no size jointer too big... Cost, maybe...

I'd say you'll more than be glad you bit the bullet and went with an 8"
every time you use it...not only the width but the extra table length is
maybe of even more value and it's there on every cut...

What about the quality of the cut. Are the results better, worse or the same
with a spiral cutter as compared to knives?

Assuming they're equal quality knives and within tolerances, the spiral
cut will be better in figured and curly, difficult woods
particularly...I've not used the multi-tooth, but have used the
skew-mounted solid knives w/ planers -- just like a hand plane, the
slicing action makes a big difference.