jo4hn

Jeremy wrote:
[snip]
Not to have to deal with the jointer knifes anymore is one of the biggest
reasons for considering the spiral cutterhead. This is for a home shop and 4
edges would keep me in fresh cuts for a long time. I was also looking at the
Grizzly jointers. Torn between the 6 inch anniversary model G0526 and the 8
inch G0543. $345 difference. The 12 inch is too big for me in price and
size.

What about the quality of the cut. Are the results better, worse or the same
with a spiral cutter as compared to knives?

Thanks for your input.

Jeremy

I have the G0500 with standard knives. I spent the extra for the 8"
over the 6" but couldn't quit pry the wallet open that extra bit for the
spiral. Having also owned a 6", the first time you face joint that 6
1/2" piece makes it all worth while.
mahalo,
jo4hn