Rick

"Garrett Fulton" wrote in message

It's a very rare occurence to find any machine tool up for bid at
govliquidation that hasn't been totally ruined by sitting out in the

weather
for a couple of years. Can't remember how many Monarch 10EE lathes that
were totally trashed by exposure to the elements. That's_my_tax money

being
thrown away there. It's just a damned shame.

Garrett Fulton

Things were a lot nicer when you could go down to the DRMO and look at all
the items before bidding. Our local one (Selfridge ANGB) used to have
monthly auctions and cash/carry sales. Then they cut personnel and did
fax/internet bidding for a while. I guess you cans till go to inspect an
item you're bidding on but you have to make an appointment...