Philip Lewis

HerHusband writes:
sprayed foam insulation.

[...]
While this would also eliminate the 1" airspace,

I've considered doing this. The resulting roof is then known as a
"hot roof" and might not be code in the OP's area. It might also void
shingle warranty.

We are looking at vaulting our third floor ceiling to open the place
up. it is currently a combination of sloped and flat ceiling with an
unaccessible "attic" space above the flat parts.

The way i've considered doing it is to use a small can of foam to
"glue" the air channels in first... then spray with the foam to fill
the remainder of the cavity. I havn't found an answer as to if
this would be a "good idea" or not... but it seems it would seal well,
supply vent space, and have the higest insulation value.

Unfortunately, it's not a do-it-yourself application.

perhaps it is.... www.fomofoam.com is where i've been looking.
I'd love to find some other sources for price comparison. Anyone know
of any?

--
be safe.
flip