On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 19:35:09 GMT, "William W. Plummer"
wrote:

I have replaced a shutoff valve several times. I like the globe valves
with a handle that only has to go 90-degrees from full off to full on.

I think this is a ball valve you are talking about, but understood.

However, on very cold nights they seem to crack and a small leak
results. Is there a special valve for use in freezing environments or
am I just unlucky?

Where is this valve located? I mean, maybe you should try to not have
the piping and valve exposed to freezing conditions.

later,

tom @ www.CarFleaMarket.com