Denis Marier

Thanks for the feedback.
If I read correctly. Use of the 35mm camera produces better picture of
detailed craft-work.
I still have my two 35mm cameras. I'll try the bouncing flash method. Too
bad I do not have any of the Agfa film left. Processing of the 35mm is not
that expensive its just that I have to go to the photo lab.

"mac davis" wrote in message
On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 13:17:39 GMT, "Denis Marier"
wrote:

Denis.. try either or both of these "tricks" of the product photo
trade:

Use an exterior flash, and take multiple shots with the light bouncing
off different places.. (ceiling, wall nearby, wall behind, etc.)

Use you zoom (optical, not digital, please)
You'll get better depth of field and more even lighting effects if you
back off the subject a bit and then zoom it...
I had 1 client that hated the pictures of his demo model planes, as
they all looked like they were lopsided and had one wing that was much
larger than the other..
We took the shots from across the room with a big zoom and the
perspective/depth of field was right on..

I like your system. At first it looks elaborate.
I would benefit by knowing at what MP you are taking the picture and what
type of storage to you use. I am having a problem with unwanted shadow.

wander how it can be solved without using too much light. As for the
pyrography pen I have one but it does not work fast. You may have a

special
one. TIA

"Leo Van Der Loo" wrote in message
Hi Alun

I mark all but the smallest of my turnings with a pyrography pen, my
name, wood used, year finish turned, and number that correspond with a
photograph, if the price sticker disappears in the store or gallery a
new one will be no problem as al the pertinent info goes with the
photograph, and it gives me a memory and recall.
The ones that are to small for all of that do get a number and a tag on
a string, ribbon, etc.

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

http://www.homepage.mac.com/l.vanderloo/PhtoAlbum12html

Alun Saunders wrote:

I was just wondering what method those of you that sell your work use

mark your work with your name etc.? I've tried sticky labels but they
fall off, labels that tie on are OK for small items but not for

bowls,
and the "branding iron" type markings I've seen on other turners'

works
are usually illegible.

I'm probably going with the idea of a separate card with contact

details
and also some limited "care and feeding" instructions, but I'd still
like something a bit more permanent on the piece itself that won't
easily get lost.

Any ideas?