Ed Smith

I agree with the other posters.. don't waste your time on a Unimat. At this
point they are more collectors items (read collector pricing) than anything
else. I had an SL that I bought 30+ years ago I sold it on Ebay and bought
a Taig lathe (www.taigtools.com). The Taig was much better built and far
more rigid that the Unimat. The acccessories ( you can't do anything without
accessories such as chucks, tool holders etc) are well built and reasonably
priced. I would also look at Sherline products (www.sherline.com). Their
equipment is a litlle pricier than Taig's but it is well built and well
supported. They have an extremely large line of accessories. Check the
included websites and if you want to know a lot more about Taig products,
check with Nick at (www.cartertools.com).

ed smith

"CCSI Inc" wrote in message
Does anyone have a source in the US for picking up a small/micro (I have
limited space)
Unimat (or comparable) Lathe, (SL or DB200, etc...,) other than bidding
on ebay?
I'm looking for one to do produce some small aluminum adapters, etc...,
for work in
astronomy.
I see the Unimat Classic Lathe for sale. But it looks like a childs toy!

Thanks Paul