Joseph Meehan

Bubba wrote:
Every time we leave the house for a few weeks, I have visions of
coming back to a house that has been flooded from either a burst
water heater or two (in the attic) or burst pipes from a freeze.

As a precaution,I have considered turning off the water at the outside
shut-off and draining the pipes inside by opening the faucets.

What disasters lurk in this procedure? Can I just return home, turn
on the water and sputter the air out of the pipes, or is there some
fundamental embuggerance that I am overlooking? Will this require
re-lighting the gas in the water heater?

One additional thing. Remember that toilets and drains hold water, if
the temp really drops they will freeze and may be damaged. Also any liquids
in the frig or out like pop, can also freeze and damage things.

Just how far you want to go depends on how paranoid you are. If the
worse happens, I am sure you will be happy you were what I might call
paranoid. My insurance company might call it prudent. :-)

--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math