George

Shaper was the only one that really bothered me, too. I'm a stick and
featherboard guy.

Overarm router should have a pin underneath to follow the pattern, limiting
the danger.

I really like the middleschoolers' stuff. They've got a lot of enthusiasm
at that age, and they really like a quick project. Always a challenge to
get some sort of result quickly. I liked box-jointed boxes for the first
one. Teaches square and same size pieces, about a third of any woodworking
project.

"RonB" wrote in message
I guess I am missing the reason for alarm. Yeah, I see a couple of pics
that make me a little nervous but snapshots don't always catch the action.
If the router example is the young lady in Orange, I can't imagine
controlling that block she is routing with a push stick - she has her

hands
in a defensive position and unengaged fingers raised. The young fellow
using the shaper does bother me but I don't know if the right hand crossed
over the knife path or he just put it there.

It is easy to pick a shop class apart from a few pics. If you look at all
of them there appear to be some pretty well-trained hands and eyes among
that group.