dane

"Leroy Mowry" wrote in message
.. .
A tree stump the size of Boeing engine core (3 cubic feet) is in a hole
we cannot get out. We dug dirt around the tree stump, cut all the
roots but not enough to get a manual saw comfortably in there. The
stump moves freely with no obstructions but too heavy for any men to
lift out of the hole.

Our neighbor wants our large tree cut down, stump remove. And we
spent all our last dime on a branch-trunk cutting crew. Which now
leaves us with a heavy tree stump to be put into our large van going to
a dumpsite. What are some ways that we could try to get a tree
stump onto a flat surface?

Thanks

Use a chain saw, steel wedges and a sledgehammer to divide the stump into
pieces small enough to remove. It was hard work, but it worked for me.