George

Yep, I was thinking of softening, which I've seen in direct sunlight at
craft shows. It'll slide away. Also, given the basic properties of dish
detergent, it will be chemically destroyed.

"George E. Cawthon" wrote in message
George wrote:
Might want to check the melting point of shellac before you do that.

Damn, that's a lot of information. But what is your point?
My point was that soaking in boiling water would get rid of
the shellac and that a dishwasher wouldn't.

Table III of your excellent reference gives the softening
and melting point. The table shows that the melting point
is 77-90 C, that's 170 to 190 F. Don't know where you got
the 140 but the melting point is NOT less that 140 F. The
low end of the softening point is 104-122 F.