Silvan

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

If you go the polyurethane route, use a spar version such as Minwax
Helmsman. It has UV inhibitors and remains more flexible.

I don't recommend this. I put this on a mystery far eastern hardwood bench.
It looked great the first year, but started to crack. The cracks let the
wood age. I stripped it, re-did it for the second year. It looked great
except where the wood had aged. Then it cracked again, and more wood
aged. So I stripped it and re-did it for the third year. It looked great
except where the wood had aged. So I stripped it and said the hell with
it, and let all of the wood weather.

I'd look into some of that "real spar varnish" the boat builder types keep
talking about. This Helmsman stuff ain't it.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/