Flash

Harry K wrote:
IMO you should re-do the entire fence. 4x4 set in concrete 30 years
ago have to be rotted out and ready to fall over by now. I would at
least extract the "loose" ones and see what they look like before
proceeding.

Harry K

okay will do...my neighbor drove into one last year and it shattered the
4x4 and dislodged the concrete a bit so i'm thinking they are a-ok for
the most part. stuff lasts forever in the desert as long as it's kept
painted (most of the posts still have plenty of paint on them).

an offlist msg. suggests i use sleepers at the 5 ft. mark--just simple
poles to support the extra weight, so i'm still thinking about things.

mostly, i wish the previous owner had spaced the posts at 8 ft. and used
some decent pickets and such...sigh.

---
FF