Grunff

keng wrote:

Since my last post I have been looking at the various cutters etc and I
noticed that there is a specific 'continuous edge' diamond disc for
"tile cutting". This may be partly my own fault as I had a general
purpose diamond disc which I was using in my first attempts. I should
have included that my tiles are porcelain type.

There's a whole world of difference between porcelain and ceramic tiles.
Porcelain tiles are much, much harder to cut. I did all the cuts for our
kitchen floor (pocelain) using the Plasplugs cutter. The trick is to go
slow. Don't try to force the cut at all.

As a rough estimate, I reckon a 30cm ceramic tile takes maybe 15-30
seconds to cut, whereas a 30cm porcelain tile (ours are ~8mm thick)
takes 2-3 minutes.

--
Grunff