patrick conroy

"Lars Stole" wrote in message
news:2004122008592516807%larsstole@gsbuchicagoedu. ..

I've never cut floating tenons beofre (only integral ones using my
mortiser anda chisel), but David Marks makes it look easy so I thought I'd
try it on my next project. I notice that every time I see a him

Me too. He seems committed to them, I'm going to put some time behind them
and see if they work out for me too.

cut a floating tenon, however, he does it with one of his 3HP routers --
never with a 2-1/4 HP.

Prolly cuz' he owns a 3HP?

I'm leaning toward buying the Bosch 2-1/4HP router package (which includes
dust collection and other extras) at amazon.com before the sale ends
(possibly today).

I grabbed that one a few weeks ago - the 1617EVSPK with the goodies. It is
*very* nice. I tried a few mortises and am very pleased with the softstart,
the plunge and the edge guide.