effi

"JC" wrote in message
nk.net...
I'm looking for a basic, occasional use heater for my garage. The garage
is single car, 410 square feet, uninsulated. Use of the heater for short
term emergency (power outage) indoor heating would be a plus.

What are people's experiences with kerosene vs propane for cost,
effectiveness, safety, cost, etc.? What BTU rating has worked well for
people in similar situations?

Thanks in advance.

supposedly catalytic propane heaters are safe in a way that (noncatalytic)
propane heaters and kerosene heaters are not

byproducts from burning fuel in propane heaters or kerosene heaters can kill
humans in high enough concentrations, so venting is part of those systems

catalytic propane heaters supposedly don't produce those byproducts and are
thus supposedly safe indoors for humans provided they are fed plenty of
fresh oxygen from outside (otherwise humans suffocate) and are
attended,,,,check with manufacturers for specific application questions

some rv heaters sold are catalytic propane types

you didn't mention if your car or other flammable stuff will be stored in
yoru garage,,,,,,,,,,the advisability of using *any* kind of heater in an
enclosed garage with a car or other potentially explosive storage containers
etc. is best left to experts, check with them too