ElJay

I don't know if this would work, but how about one of those radiant heat
lamps that are used in bathrooms of fancy hotels? The only time it seems
that you will ned to heat the room is when your wife is in there. So, she
could turn on the light and heat lamp while using the room (in the winter),
then turn both off when leaving.

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a 100 year old colonial in MA with one room on the 2nd floor
with no heat source. Nothing. No radiator, no baseboard heater - it
was just built w/o heat.

The room is about 12 x 10, my wife uses it for her changing room/giant
closet. We keep the door open to get heat from the hallway, but it is
always 10-15 degrees colder than the rest of the house.

How can I get heat in this room without going broke? I am thinking
single baseboard heater with it's ownn thermostat - does something like
that exist? Can it be plugged into a wall outlet or does it need to be
hard wired into the main box?
Thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.

Bluesman